Here are some tips from our team, that you should follow to get the most out of your experience and to ensure that the quality of your new tattoo, that you will have for the rest of your life will turn out perfectly and not going to be effected by any external or internal factors:
• You hould allow your self some time to start moisturizing the skin area where you will get the tattoo as tattoos turn out a lot worse on dry skin. Moisturizing should be done 1-2x every day, to ensure the area will be nicely moisturiezed on your arrival.
• Drink plenty of water. Your skin thins when you’re dehydrated. Starting the day before your appointment, will make your body a better canvas for the tattoo. It will also keep your energy up, so bring a bottle or two to sip during your session. Hydrated skin takes to the ink better than dry, thirsty skin does—and hydrated skin starts from the inside out.
• We’re unable to work on a sunburnt skin, please bear this in min, and protect yourself accordingly.
• Please do not use body scrub or shave the area right before the session!
• Eating healthy and getting satisfactory sleeps before your session is highly advised. You shall do the best to avoid catching a cold, getting sick or having any inflammatory problems.
• Have a nutritious breakfast prior your session and try to avoid caffeinated drinks and stay hydrated.
• Be considerate of the outfit you will wear on the day of the session. For example, if you are getting a tattoo on the leg, wear shorts; if you are getting your arm tattooed wear tank tops are ideal. You should feel comfortable in the clothes you wear and please be ready they might get ‘dirty’ during the process.
• Take lunch/snacks with you – the pain feels far worse when you are hungry.
• During breaks, try to drink more sugary drinks, but not energy drinks or have some sweet snacks, etc. to increase the blood sugar level which will prevent you from fainting or feeling dizzy.
• Please do not plan anything for the evening/after the session and plan your route back home considering we might finish late and you would need alternative means of transport – so that the artist does not have to rush the work as after all, hurrying with the work can affect the quality of the tattoo.
• Consuming any alcohol can increase bleeding for up to 24 hours. Blood also dilutes our pigments, affecting both the appearance of your tattoo as well as the healing process.
• Please read the aftercare instructions available via our website prior to attending the session.
• Please remember Numbing Creams are not recommended, failing to get advise prior applying any to your skin may lead to your appointment to be cancelled.
• During and before your session, try not to drink energy drinks, coffee or others that could make your heart beat faster. Faster heart beating means you’ll bleed more than normal. Bleeding could effect the quality of your tattoo as the inks are mixed with blood and also more difficult to tattoo.
• Proteins are a type of body-building nutrients that helps your body develop and repair muscle and skin tissues. They are necessary for the formation and repair of all body parts, including the skin. Protein also helps raise the energy levels, making it a bit more beneficial for the trauma that your body system shall be going through. It will also assist your skin in recovering quickly from the stress caused by the tattoo needle. Make sure you consume proteic rich food before and after your session.
Please take our recommendations seriously and do not forget to read this text once again prior to your tattoo session as by doing so you are showing that you are respectful towards the artist.
We can’t wait to see you on the big day!
Regards, Inkredible Tattoo Team.